Thursday, September 22, 2022
5:00 – 8:00 pm
3 MCE credits
Speaker: Michael Ragan, DMD, JD
Are You Due for Risk Management?
Fortress Dental Risk Management: Reducing Dental Practice Risk (Updated Course)
Through an analysis of closed Fortress malpractice claims, this course will provide strategies and resources to enhance patient safety and to reduce risk in the dental practice. Closed claim topics include esthetic restorations, wisdom tooth extractions, oral cancer, endodontic treatment, and implants. Risk management topics include documentation, communication, informed consent, technology, patient selection, referrals, prescription practices, patient noncompliance, and ethics. There are no prerequisites.
- Identify common dental malpractice risks
- Understand how to adapt office policies and procedures to mitigate exposure to identified risks in the dental practice
- Implement strategies with professional teams and referral networks to encourage patient safety and reduce risk
- Understand the litigation process, board investigations and the role of the insured provider in each
Take this course to insure a discount on your premium!
- Dentists who complete this course will be entitled to a 10% discount on their liability premiums for a three year period from the Fortress Insurance Company. Other insurance companies may also accept this course for a discount. Please check with your carrier.